From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dean Barrett
Sent: 10 November 2009 08:05
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Can i do anything about poor evening Broadband ?

Have been with Eclipse for years and never really have any issues.

We have 3 x Eclipse services 2 at office and 1 at home. All perform
excellent during day - office ones max out around 7meg, and home gets upto
6meg except in the evenings.

Problem i have is at home in the evening when the service drops to 1meg or
below. I'm guessing this is not really Eclipse's fault and is due to BT at
the exchange ?

I live in a village about 1.5 miles from the exchange, and are the one
before last house right at the end of the village - i've always blamed our
service on this, but as i get 6meg during the day i'm now thinking not.

Could it be that as we are using an Eclipse 'Homeworker' type package that
maybe it gets downgraded out of work hours - do people do this ?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as i cant join the digital revolution
at
home to watch iPlayer/Sky Player or any of the other on-demand service with
such a poor service. Even Napster wont perform some evenings :(

Dean.