Re: Plugs

Funny article :)

I wouldn't give the Aussie plugs a 2 out of 10 though.

All of the adapter stips sold have little RCDs in them, presumably to make
up for the lack of fuses, but the plugs are bloody lethal.

I've been here for about 18 months now, and I'm actually starting to get a
little bit of a phobia about plugging things in. The plugs are so flimsy,
it's really awkward to get the balance right - enough force to actually
engage the plug is easily enough to bend the pins.

if you have a plug swing down and strike the floor, it's pretty much
ruined, because the pins bend, and bending them back leaves them in that
soft way metal gets when it bends too far.

and if that's not bad enough - they arc like crazy! First time I plugged
something in here, I flinched away from the sparking, left it half in, half
out (arcing like a bloody welder) and blew a PC power supply... :(

and did I mention that they have mains sockets in bathrooms? the house I
rent has a mains socket beside the shower!!!

anyhooo... enough complaining from me ;)