Sonos S5. A couple of questions.

I read the earlier postings on the S5 whilst on hols. Back now and
seriously interested.
We now have 4 Sonos zones and 2 controllers and absolutely love Sonos. I
currently run a pair of Sennheiser cordless headphones off a ZP80 line
output. Trouble is with the geography of the house we're still building,
and the amount of steel in it, the headphone transmitter is too far from
the main bedroom to work well. Excuse for another zone!
SWMBO likes to listen to classical music in bed, preferably with iPod in
ear type phones but Sennheiser cans are ok. I just tried iPod type phones
on the ZP80 output and they sound dreadfull on a line line output. So thats
a no go. So an amp is needed. S5 looks ideal.
The new S5 has phones output stated as "auto-sensing". Has anyone
on the list got an S5 yet, and if so have you tried it with iPod type
phones? Second and really important question....if a phones extension lead
were plugged into it (lead with mini-jack on one end and in line mini-jack
socket on the other) does the S5 detect that (ie use the mechanical switch)
or is it clever only switching when it senses the resistance / impedance of
the phones plugged in the other end of the extension lead. Reason for the
question is that where we would put an S5 would be difficult to get at the
rear for plugging in phones. I see the "odd placement of the phone
jack" as an issue on Sonos forum. This would be a workaround if
successfull.
Sorry the question is so long. At least the answer can be short
1. Ipod phones...OK / NOK
2. Extension lead without phones sensed  YES / NO
Really appreciate an answer as we are poised to make a purchase ;-)))))
Peter