From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kevin Hawkins
Sent: 01 November 2009 23:26
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d]

Here's a lower cost solution that works over your network.=20=20=20

You could feed all the inputs into a xAP Netiom  and then use it's built

in web server to display your information.  You can also upload custom=20
graphics to the Netiom and it can even send you emails eg when your=20
washing machine leaks.   Or you could use a PC based display application

like xAP Floorplan - which is a web based realtime (Ajax) display=20
system.  Although it's named 'Floorplan' it can actually be used to=20
display any graphic layout.=20

The xAP Netiom has 16 inputs available (+16 outputs, a serial port, high

and low latches, counters,  4 analog inputs plus an Ethernet port with=20
inbuilt webserver and email).   xAP Floorplan is free and a Netiom =A369 +
VAT

http://www.phaedrusltd.com/pages/html/netiom-xap.html

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D37

There are even lower cost solutions eg by feeding the inputs into a=20
parallel port on a PC.

Martin Howell wrote:
> Hmmm, hadn't thought of that approach. I have a spare Ameo pocket PC
> (though you'd need a big pocket for it) which has a touch screen,
built
> in wi-fi and Windows Mobile, so I was planning to fit that to the wall
> and use it as the user interface. If I run the software that checks
the
> status indicators on my server, I can dish up the results as a web
page
> that the Ameo can read and display. Has the big advantage of using
bits
> I already have, so no real cost.
>
> Cheers
> Martin
>
> Grizelli Associates Limited
> IT Project Consultants
>=20=20

on
>> single screen mounted centrally in the house, coupled with an
audible
>> alarm in the event of a water leak or similar.
>>
>> There are around 10 of these indicators, and I need to find a way
>> feed these into a PC - I can write the code to interrogate the
inputs
>> and display the results, but I need a device that will sit between
the
>> door switches and present inputs to the PC.
>>
>> Has anyone come across such a device, either ready built or DIY?
I'm