From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of n=
oughtomate
Sent: 26 May 2009 16:18
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: OT : Just bought a MS Server 2008 1 CAL license - No
=
software ?

The Action Pack was something I was consdiering, but I wanted to wait
until=
Windows 7 had a release date in sight. Also, from what I can tell, M$ ask =
a fair few questions about your organisation before they allow you to
purch=
ase the Action Pack.=20

But that aside, if I download Server 2008, I assume the CAL license can be
=
appliued against it ? Or does it have to be installed against every server
=
consuming  client ?=20

If it's the later case, how would you go about installing it on a
proprietr=
y media player ?

Sorry, I'm clueless having come from the regular Consumer based Operating
S=
ystems.=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> Have you considered the MS Action Pack route? =A3200 a year though -
but =
still vastly cheaper considering what you get.
wrote:

> > > A CAL is just the license for the Client to Access the
Server (CAL =
=3D
> > > Client Access License).
> > >
> > > To use Windows Server, you also need to buy that.

Server 2008 so
> > > purchased a CAL license.
> > >
> > > My big parcel box arrived this morning, however it only has
a sealed
> > > paper license in it.
> > >
> > > Am I missing a trick here ?
> > >
> > > AM I supposed to download the full 1.75GB MS Server 2008
install ?

> > > I was kinda expecting my delivery to include the
installation disks.

> > > If yes, is there a recommended link for downloading the full
blown
> > > install ? From what I can tell, there only sem to be
evaluation