Re: Re: [ukha d] Bargain Alert: DroboShare only £39.98+VAT!

You may wish to beware. After someone on this group mentioned
getting=20
one I asked for a review. None was forthcoming.

I should have known. I bought one from scan or ebuyer, can't remember=20
which a couple of months ago. It was bought to replace a NSLU2 which had=20
been a bit unreliable. The order obviously scared the slug as it has=20
behaved itself since.

It appears to need user software on the clients to work rather than=20
being a generic box. Single user access. It ended up on my work desk=20
with all the other half finished projects. In today's Bank Holiday=20
claret I was going to put it in the cupboard with other unfinished ideas=20
for later.

I may use it as a remote backup where a single PC (maybe running whs)=20
backs up a selection of drives/files using Cobien backup that has been=20
mentioned here.

I'll check this assertion and get back to the group.

Simon

In message=20
<f55662fc0905241037r1d05342ak71733bb70f2c97e2@xxxxxxx>, Mark=20
McCall <lists@xxxxxxx> writes