Re: Tranquil BBS2 Barebones Home Media Server Review

Good review Ian, your experience of the BBS2 mirrors many of mine with
the
catchy named T2-WHS-A3G which arrived with me in the week.
http://www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk/acatalog/T2_WHS_A3G.html
Like you it was replacing an aging and power hungry 2k3 box with 5 hard
drives.

The single sheet of A4 manual is a little different! There is a more
detailed manual on the supplied disks with mine. Apparently its all part of
tranquils green credentials not printing manuals etc. (Sometimes the green
theme is used for rather obvious commercial advantage!).

Really very impressed with the build quality. Mines in the rack (I bought
the rack ears with it) and the pictures on the website don't do it justice.
That nice thick slab of etched acrylic has a lovely light blue glow to it
when powered on :-)

Oh and it really is SILENT!

No issues with WHS so far, it just worked out of the box. Still not quite
decided on my email server solution but for now I've got the various mail
accounts routing through gmail. My only niggle with gmail is that it only
seems to go off and collect mail from external accounts once an hour which
is hardly "real time" !!

Rob