Re: usb dongle for PC to run Mac OS

I've been running a hackintosh for about a year now on a 1.6 GHz Intel
Celeron M 420 using one of the builds from insanelymac. The forums
there seem to have a pretty low opinion of this device which isn't
some magic thing at all.

It has SPECIFIC motherboard requirements not to mention an incomplete
hardware compatability list http://is.gd/gl5y - seriously, if you have
to select your hardware for use with it then just buy hardware that's
compatible with OSX and use boot-132 with a retail dvd.

If you're interested in trying out OSX then I'd look at ideneb, iAtkos
or leo4All -

If you're willing to throw away this sort of money on a device like
this then I'd suggest saving a little longer and buying a proper mac.

On 16 May 2009, at 16:26, truxany wrote:

> Anyone had tried this? by plugging this usb device you convert your
> PC in a OS free machine. You can install any OS on it including MAC
> OS.
>
> The link to the info is here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/rd3alu
>
> I guess if you have a nice PC computer and you crave to test Macs,
> instead of buying a new mac you can just but this device and have a
> supercharged Mac for the extra us$240
>
> Juan . ///

---

Andy Powell / ScaredyCat / FuzzyCat