Re: Moisture

I think in the past there have been lots of talk about measuring
moisture and having moist sensors with a variable tolerance switch attached
to indicate if it's wet or not.

Personally I went with the rain bucket connected to an input on HV and each
tip of the little measuring switch would increment a counter in HV and each
evening based on the number of tips HV would calculate how many minutes
each water zone needed.  It's not really measuring the moisture as this is
rain and temperature dependent but it's a fairly good method and worked for
me.  Nothing died and nothing got drowned. :)

Steve

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Bov" <bov@...> wrote:

> What is the best way to measure soil moisture using a HomeVision unit?
Anyone tried this and have recommendations? I want to adapt my garden
watering schedule when the ground is already damp to save on water.