Re: Replacing a Pronto....

  • Subject: Re: Replacing a Pronto....
  • From: "beams_chris" <beams_chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:46:44 -0000

Hi All,

I am also looking for something similar but with the addition of media
centre support. The key issue for me is the ability to control homeeasy
lights and sockets from the same remote control

Has anyone managed to do this?

thanks
Chris

wrote:

> > Once upon a time, I bought a Pronto. The Pronto and I lived very
happily for many, many years. Then it broke.

> > What should I get to replace it?
> >

> > At the simplest, I want something that controls a whole bunch of
devices with a single remote... [1]

> > ... but ideally lets me set up a button called, say, DVD, which
will turn on several of them, and set them to the right inputs... and then
flip automatically to a DVD control screen... [2]

> > [Up to here, the original Pronto did exactly what I wanted, until
it broke]

> > ... and, in a perfect world, would let me configure it from a bit
of software that ran on a Mac (though a Windows PC would be OK, because I
do have one that the kids use...) [3]

> > [OK, if you allow Windows, then the Pronto did this as well]
> >
> > ... oh, and in a really, really, completely, paradisical world,
would let me control a couple of RF devices (ByeBye Standby). [4]

> > [It's possible the RF range of Prontos would have done this,
honestly no idea.]

> > ... and, ho, ho, ho, we're just on a flight of fantasy now, would
also have the control features of the little Apple remote to control a Mac
Mini used as a Media centre [5]