RE: Re: Going Virtual - A Home Server Experience

D'oh! Should have scrolled up.

Steve Morgan

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Balharrie
Sent: 13 May 2009 13:44
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Going Virtual - A Home Server Experience

You need VMware Converter - http://www.vmware.com/products/converter/
 It's
free and works well. When you hot clone make sure you stop services like
exchange & sharepoint.  Hot cloning a DC isn't recommended, but I have
got
away with it before.

If you want to use your True Image images with Converter then it should be
possible. There is some information here
http://www.acronis.com/pr/2008/01/pr01-16-wmware-converter.html

Dave