RE: [OT] Pressure alarm sensor

I would've thought that this would be standard fare for alarm
companies used
to dealing with jewelers, museums, etc. and for his insurance to be worth
anything I would expect them (insurance co.) to require a
"proper" solution
rather than a "UKHA-special" :-)

That said, something similar to a regular pressure mat, but filled with
liquid and connected to a pressure sensor would probably do it. The item on
the mat exerts a downwards force which is converted into pressure by the
liquid in the mat (i.e. a capillary) and registered by the pressure
transducer. Any movement of the object changes the measured pressure and
triggers the alarm.

HTH,

Tim.