Re: Limited broadband allowance - how to enforce in the house during the day

You could always try looking at other ISPs that fit your usage better?
I bet you could find one cheaper too ...

Of course, I would say that though ;-)

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://psc.photoshelter.com/user/stuartgrimshaw

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:44 AM, noel_pilot <HA@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> I'm using AAISP for my home broadband on their 3gb package (3gb
download =
between 9am and 6pm I think it is then unlimited downloads off peak)

> We keep exceeding our limit either accidentally (me leaving a download
ru=
nning) or by my housemate using it excessively in the daytime when he
shoul=
dn't.

> So....How can I stop it? =C2=A0Ideally want a way to limit the total
amou=
nt downloadable during those hours, guessing this is going to involve a
rou=
ter change but if it could be done by software that would run on a mac I
co=
uld always use the proposed mac mini purchase to act as a gateway of some
s=
ort with all access going through it.

> Would also ideally like an override so if I need/want to do something
and=
the limits been hit I can bypass.