Re: Sonos and HomeSeer users here ? [xAP Sonos]

Just thought I'd mention that I intend to release a beta of xAPSonos
this weekend. It's a xAP Intranet Windows application talking to Sonos
via UPnP .  If you do have a xAP based system you can now implement all
these features as you wish as the application has individual zone
playing outputs that switch on as a player starts playing (and remains
on if it is paused) - they turn off when a zone is stopped.  You could
use these to send IR commands or switch relays etc.  I may well add a
feature that turns 'off' if a player is paused for a long time as it's
far easier to pause a player than stop it from the Sonos controller.

It should also help integration of Sonos with other HA applications that
support xAP.

More details here..

Ben McCormack wrote:
> Digging up a really old thread here but did anyone find a solution to
> this?
>
> Some of my Sonos Zoneplayers will be connected to separate amps. I
> want to be able to send IR to switch inputs on the amp when I 1st
> press play on the Sonos zone.
>
> Regards
> Ben
>

> On 23 Jul 2005, at  09:50, Gareth Cook wrote:
>

>> Kevin
>>
>> One thing I would like is to be able to track the status of a
>> zoneplayer.
>> For example, we have ceiling speakers for Sonos and I'd like to
also
>> run
>> the TV system through them (not using the Sonos line in). I'd like
>> to use
>> a AV Amp and have 2 inputs - 1 Sonos, 1 TV.
>>
>> If i can track the status of Sonos I can do AV switching. So say
you
>> press
>> "Play" on the Lounge Sonos ZonePlayer, we could detect
this and then