Re: Virtualisation

Guys,

Which versions of VMWare are you using here? - This thread has sparked
me into cranking up my dell server that has ESXi running on it - not
that I am having any great success with it!

I've got a lowly 486 that's been running Asterisk pbx on Linux for near
on 5 years - I bought a dell server for a while ago (2gh dual core
pentium - way ample!) to replace it  but I've not got around to
configuring it up yet. I was going to just have it as a new Asterisk box
but thought I would have a play with ESXi when VMware were giving away
licences for it (I think they still are tbh?). I'm getting stuck at
virtualising the linux box. Managed to grab a copy of VMWare Converter
(again a freebee) - it just gets stuck at 1% (after 20mins or so!)...

If you have any tips - :)

Cheers!
Wayne.

David Balharrie wrote:
> I would expect this to put around 15% CPU load onto a single core box
as it's just needing to record the MPEG stream.  It would be interesting to
hear if anyone on the list has one of these.  Sadly there doesn't appear to
be a cable or satellite version for the UK yet.

> Dave

Wendon
> Sent: 01 May 2009 19:03
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Virtualisation
>
> Thanks Dave, the HDHomeRun looks viable, although I wonder what load
> "recording" puts on the host PC? I currently use GBPVR on a
Windows 2003
> server machine with 2 freeview and 1 cable tuner cards and recording 2
> freeview transport streams and 1 program on the cable tuner
simultaneously
> puts neglible load on the machine.
>
> Martyn

Geovision. For