Re: Surround sound speaker Placement - TV in corner

  • Subject: Re: Surround sound speaker Placement - TV in corner
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 17:48:44 -0000

Hi Nick,

Many thanks for the steer on the pivoting speakers, I have used the KEF
Motorised ones in the Lounge but discounted those for upstairs due to cost
and size.

Having googled a bit, looks like Speakercarft's AIM speakers will fit the
bill and I can match with the rears and Dual stero for the bathroom.

If you happen to do Speakercraft or could recommend something similar
please ping me off list

cheers

Paul
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Nick Tyson - The Edge" <nick@...>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>

> "U shaped" speaker placement will work, make sure you base
the placement on
> where the TV will be for viewing not when pushed back to the wall
> (especially the centre speaker).
>

> Worth considering in-ceiling speakers with pivoting tweeters at the
front as
> these will allow you to fire the sound more towards the listening
position
> rather than straight down at the floor.
>

> Sub under the screen should be fine, and preferable to opposite corner
(in
> an ideal world you'd try it and see before you decided - as you don't
have
> that luxury go for the front under the screen).
>

> Good Luck,
>

> Nick
>

>   _____

Panasonic TV