From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John
Benfield
Sent: 31 March 2009 09:53
To: UKHA
Subject: [ukha_d] CBus power usage

With all the discussion recently around CurrentCost and power usage I
would appreciate people thoughts on the power usage of CBus and how to
reduce it.

I have 12 CBus DIN modules (a range of relays, dimmers, a CNI and a
PAC) plus 12 or so keypads and a couple of PIRs. This lot, without any
lights turned on, constantly draws 100w. When spread across all of
these devices, I guess that per device the power usage isn't too bad
however ....

Basically I am looking at ways of reducing this background power
usage. The very simple way (at the moment) is as we leave the house in
the morning I literally turn off the CBus circuits at the CU (Ben A
did the work so each CBus enclosure is on its own circuit). This is
just a case of flicking the switch off in the morning and on the
evening. Find during the summer but not too usefully in the winter.

JB

________________________________
Antena Cyf
Unit 2
Cibyn
Caernarfon
LL55 2BD

Tel: +44 (0)1286 662200
Fax: +44 (0)1286 678594

Antena Cyf. Rhif Cofrestredig 03626688
Antena Cyf. Registered No. 03626688

Email Disclaimer and Confidentiality Notice
Ymwadiad Ebost a Rhybudd Cyfrinachedd
http://www.antena.co.uk/email_disclaimer.htm