Fwd: [moderatorcentral] Update on Recent Groups Issues

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: y_groups_team <y_groups_team@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:50 PM
Subject: [moderatorcentral] Update on Recent Groups Issues
To: moderatorcentral@xxxxxxx

Over the past week we know that some of you have experienced problems with
your groups (both on the web and with email delivery). These issues
were/are
the result of a recent data center move, which we blogged about on the
19th.
(Read that post here:
http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/2009/03/19/even-groups-gets-the-hiccups/)

As part of this move, we had also upgraded to higher performance hardware,
but the upgrade didn't work out as planned. The team has been working to
resolve these issues and stabilize your experience, and we're cautiously
optimistic that we'll have Yahoo! Groups back to normal before the weekend.

That said, we'll definitely still be monitoring the system closely, and we
encourage you to keep checking the Yahoo! Groups blog (
http://www.ygroupsblog.com) for the
latest updates if you experience further
problems.

In addition, we've definitely learned some things from this incident (and
from the feedback folks have been sharing about how we could better
communicate), and we'll blog about the specific steps we're planning to
take
in the area of better communication around system issues next week.

We know-I know -that this past week or so has been rough, and we apologize
for all the inconvenience the problems have caused you and your groups. We
can and will do better in the future.

Melissa Daniels
Yahoo! Community Manager