USB DVR adapters

In my quest for a new 24-7 server for HA etc I'd like to have two PCI
slots for a voice modem with CLI and CCTV camera card.  However I note on
the Henry's site http://www.henrys.co.uk that the
Geovision cards are not supported in VIA based boards.

I have just discovered that USB DVR adapters exist such as http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/usbdigitalvideorecorders.htm
OK the frame rate is low but I'd like to be able to recognise a face at 2m,
not a car reg at 10, so I don't need anything too good ;)  Has anybody used
these type of adapters or have experience of them ?
Needing only 1 PCI slot would open up the choice a bit.

Thanks
Jon