Re: Mac Mini v Popcorn Hour A110 vs MKV/BluRay

Dean Barrett wrote:

> Whilst the pro's and con's of the Mac Mini vs Popcorn hour rumble on -
> have both and am stuck working out the best way to play HD stuff.
>
> My current setup is a PC that has a HD/BluRay combo drive and Slysoft
AnyDVD
> HD on it - i can use the Slysoft Ripper to copy the Blu Ray disk to my
> hard-drive. Getting them properly converted is where i'm falling down
> think.

Do you want to rip because neither the Mac Mini nor the Popcorn has a
Blu Ray drive, or because you want to have centralized access to the
files? If it is the former, you might want to take a look at the
"Dune HD Center" player, which basically is a Popcorn type
machine,
with a Blu Ray drive included.

I posted a link a couple of weeks ago, after seeing the thing in
action. The only thing that the Dune HD Center does not is ripping
stuff, but it does play previously ripped Blu Rays, even if you have
just copied the Blu Ray to the HDD using AnyDVD HD.

I personally do not have one, as it can only be remotely controlled
by infrared, not RS-232, nor via the network.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA