[OT] Email problems

Sorry for the OT post, but I'm hoping to tap into the wisdom of this
group.
My new Dell tablet PC refuses to forward emails, or send emails with
attachments, though it will send a plain email fine.  Replying to emails
seems to work, but I'm not 100% convinced.  Tried Outlook, Thunderbird and
Mail for Windows and all behave the same, so its not Outlook.  I've turned
off all the firewalls, automatic updates, and other nonsense, and am about
to take a hammer to the Vista that the machine came with and rebuild it
with
XP (my desk machine is running XP with Outlook with identical settings and
no issues)

Before I do this, has anyone here found a similar issue, or got any
suggestions for where to look next?

Thanks
Martin

Grizelli Associates Limited