[OT] Logitech Harmony Remote Software not working ?

  • Subject: [OT] Logitech Harmony Remote Software not working ?
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:29:57 -0000

Hello,

This is slightly off topic but I think there are other harmony users
in the group.

I've just bought 2 new harmony remotes when I run the 7.5 software it
pauses for an age when trying to log in or create a new account and
then either displays a white page or an error message about the
connection timing out.

Is any one else having a problem with this? Is it a problem with
logitech's servers today (http://members.harmonyremote.com
also seems
to fail at the same places) or something specific to my machines.

I've contacted the harmony support line and they didn't fill me with
confidence by referring to my firewall as 'shields' and suggesting I
send an email instead of talking to them on the phone. Googling hasn't
revealed to much beyond the existance of the harmonyremote site above.

<sigh>

Alan.