Water flow rates and shower heads...

  • Subject: Water flow rates and shower heads...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 12:50:06 +0100

Been a bit spoiled the last couple of months while housesitting for a
mate.
OK, his house is fantastic but I was really taken with his shower in the
guest bathroom =96 he has a Hansgrohe Raindance shower head on there and
it=
=92s
superb so I=92m thinking of getting one for myself but I don=92t know
wheth=
er my
fairly limp bathroom water supply would drive one.

=20

The specs say that it flows 14litres per minute at 3bar (there is an
=93ECO=
=94
version that flows 9.5 litres at 3 bar but that seems to be *EXACTLY* the
same unit with a restrictor in the inlet as you can buy the restrictors
separately for the standard heads if you wish) but I have no idea what my
water pressure is.

=20

The Hansgrohe site says =93suitable for continuous flow water heaters from
21KW upwards at a minimum flow rate of 9.5 l/min.=94 and I know that at
bes=
t I
get just under 9 litres a minute out of the shower hose with no head
attached (measured this morning with the hyper-accurate =93how long does it
take to fill up a two litre Coke bottle=94 method) which is obviously =BD a
litre a minute shy of the spec but have no idea whether that would be
enoug=
in the real world to drive one of the Raindance shower heads =96 anyone got
any ideas on how I can check one way or the other that doesn=92t involve me
shelling out the best part of =A3100 in a suck-it-and-see experiment (or
stealing the one out of my mates guest bathroom and trying it)?=20

=20

Phil

=20

"The Engineers Mantra : If it ain't broke it doesn't have enough
features
yet..."

=20