Re: Who uses Comfort ?

  • Subject: Re: Who uses Comfort ?
  • From: "Lee" <muddyboots@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:52:00 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "ianh1000" <ianh1000@...>
wrote:

> Hi Lee,
>
> How are you connecting the wireless devices? I have a gen 1 comfort
unit that I want to extend to the garage and shed. The garage is only a few
meters away but getting a set of cables from the loft where my comfort
installed always gets put off.

> You will hve a lot of fun with Comfort. for me the door station is the
most useful, being able to talk to delivery drivers when I an not there is
great, leaves them a little confused!

> I did look at some RF tx/rx units (Visonic) but I thought you could
not get them any longer.

> Many Thanks
> Ian

Ian

I have used Visonic Powercode kit.
You need an MCR-308 receiver, which provides you with 4 wireless zones
(it's expandable if you need more).
Then for doors/windows I've used the MCT-302T magnetic contacts (anti
tamper versions).

All works very well so far.

I haven't actually used a door station, though I might in future if I can
sneak a cable in for it. I never planned to use anything like Comfort
originally, just a "normal" alarm, so at first fix never put any
cabling in for door stations. In fact I just ran 6-core alarm cable to the
keypads, and was worried when I read the comfort installation manual which
says you must use shielded twisted pair (ie shielded cat5) otherwise you
might get interference on the keypad speakers & microphones - but seems
I've been lucky, works fine on the alarm cable.