Experiences with Google Apps for email etc

Just wondering if anyone else used Goggle Apps for stuff like email
hosting?

I have just moved over to O2 Broadband after being with Andrews and
Arnold for about 4 years.

In the past A&A provided domain hosting and POP3/IMAP email services
for my own domain but with O2 I have no longer got these services.

I am planning to move over to google apps for my mail etc.

1. Move Personal Domain over to 123-reg (use for other non related
domains)
2. Change DNS stuff on domain to point to google apps - http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=54291
3. Wait a few hours for DNS to update and then happily use Google for
all my email needs.

Couple of questions

1. Are my steps correct?
2. Has anyone else moved across to Goggle Apps? Does it just work?

regards
Ben