Re: Dimmable LEDs (GU10s)

Hi,

Does the fact that these LEDs and some CFLs are dimmable mean that they=20
can be controlled by automation though? I thought one of the issues were=20
that some types of timeswitrch and electronic switch power themselves by=20
putting a trickle current through the incandescent load which causes=20
problems for "modern" lighting?

I've a few (non-HA) security timeswitches that I'd like to move to CFL=20
or LED so I'd be interested in views.

Thanks,

Simon

In message <h44fdb+8d9r@xxxxxxx>, rb_ziggy
<rb.lists@xxxxxxx>=20
writes
>=C2=A0
>I know this has been the topic of some threads in the past...
>
>I've been hoping for a while that dimmable LED lamps would appear on
the
>market (given that I've 50 odd GU10s, mostly on dimmable and automated
>circuits). Well I popped into a Ryness store today and saw some new
>Philips lamps on a live display.
>Found the following link with the details of the same things:
>
>http://www.litebulbs.co.uk/product/22615/philips--master-led-gu10-7w-dimma=
ble-warm-white-40d-philips-master-led-gu10-7w-dimmable-warm-white-
>40d.aspx
>I was very impressed. Although these are rated at 7W, 35W equivalent,
>these bulbs looked very bright to me (I couldn't look at them) and they
>dimmed just like a normal GU10 with a very nice colour.
>
>They seem to be designed to fit into recessed ceiling fittings as they
are
>deeper than standard GU10s but that's fine for 40 of my fittings. For
othe=
>fittings, probably look a bit wierd.
>
>They seem to be priced between =C2=A340-50 each at present. At this, I
won=
>be rushing out to spend =C2=A32,000 worth but I think I'll try out a
few i=
n a