Re: Re: Apple at it again..

On 18 Jul 2009, at 21:16, Steve Morgan wrote:

> Andy Powell wrote:
>> <snip>
>> However, who the f&$k in their right mind WANTS to use iTunes
for
>> anything  (other than torture)
>> it's the biggest pile of donkey droppings to plop out of those
>> cappuccino sipping Cupertino dwellers.
>> IMHO anyone that wants to use iTunes for anything deserves the
whole
>> 'bag of hurt'  that it is.
>>
> Really? Then I choose to respectfully disagree. I love iTunes and the
> Apple Store. I find it a brilliantly easy-to-use way to integrate the
> media files across 2 iPhones, 2 iPods, 4 PCs and a Mac. I'm more than
> happy to pay for music, video and mobile apps and iTunes makes their
> purchase wonderfully easy.
>
> It appears that other people's mileage varies.
>
> Steve.

I don't know how large your collections of music / movies / tvshows /
apps are but try it with anything approaching large and it fumbles and
fails. While I see it can be convenient I don't expect my 'database'
of tracks to corrupt itself and require me to rescan just because I
close iTunes.

While I would agree that the OSX version is better the windows version
is terrible, bloated and verges on being the new Realplayer in terms
of the crap it installs.

---

Andy Powell / ScaredyCat / FuzzyCat

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScaredyCat