Re: Re: Just bought an iPod Touch...

2009/7/12 Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx>

> I'd forgotten just how much I *REALLY* hate iTunes...
>
> Where's the button that just makes it do what it's told and simply
move
> music and video files to the device for me to play later? Why does it
have
> to try to catalogue and standardise everything into libraries? At
least I
> can stop Windows Media Player doing that!
>
> I'm just waiting for the day when Windows Media Player, Media Centre
and
> iTunes get themselves into a fight to the death as each one moves and
> manipulates each others media slightly causing the next one to jump in
and
> try to manipulate it back - that'll be a fight to the bitter end that
will
> be worth buying hardware for!
>
> Phil

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that most technology is crap...

I'm currently trying to switch over from a Tivo to a Toppy and with some
TAPs it becomes bearable but it's still got all sorts of quirks e.g.
watching the GP about 8 mins behind real time and something starts
recording
on one of the other channels it changes to show what's on tuner 2, watching
Top Gear slightly behind live and when the recording stops the playback
freezes briefly, and that's before I even et into the whole usability
aspect
of the UI/remote and the way things aren't obvious.

As it gets wider acceptance we just seem to make technology more and more
complex rather than simpler, Apple to a certain extent are trying to
reverse
this trend but that's as much about hiding the complexity, just hope Chrome
OS has legs as there's a whole segment of people for who it may be ideal.

Andy