Re: Re: [OT] Mac Vs Window (was [OT] 'kin Windows!)

Agree, but at a consumer level I don't think people like Apple are
ever
going to take one to court to be tested as the risk of losing is too great.
A typical EULA is about telling someone what they can't do and deny any
responsibility if things go wrong.

My view (and IANAL, but have been involved in drafting god knows how many
license agreements) is that Apple can't sue you for running OSX on
something
other than a Mac but if you do and it breaks you have no comeback against
Apple.

Of course the PyStar thing may finally clear all this up from a US point of
view

Andy

2009/7/10 Paul Bendall <paul@xxxxxxx>

> Not wishing to be rude but no one is safe making this assumption until
it
> actually goes to court
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Andy Davies <dajdavies@...> wrote:
> >
> > 2009/7/10 Andy Powell <ukha@...>
> >

> > > It's a "breach of contract", not "breaking
the law". There is a big