RE: Re: [OT] Mac Vs Window (was [OT] 'kin Windows!)

> I still use Windows based PC's but mainly because I'm forced to
do so
> because, as Phil points out, there are some things that you can't do
> on a Mac due to lack of support from manufacturers mainly (the same
> could be said for most OS's that aren't MS as well) but, it isn't
> through choice anymore.

I have an old 17" 1920 x 1200 res Sony VAIO which I've had for five
years
and I keep fixing it as it breaks - I replaced the screen hinges about 18
months ago when they broke, the keyboard got "Kai'd" a couple of
months ago
so I had to replace that (Kai is a 13 year old husky who takes the shortest
route between where he is and where he wants to be no matter who or what he
has to step on to get there ... pting!) and the battery life was down to
less than five minutes so I replaced the battery last week.

It was =A31,800 when I got it, it weighs over 4kg, was regarded as a
"Deskt=
op
Replacement" machine when I bought it and it still runs everything I
throw
at it without breaking a sweat - it's just getting old and worn out (a bit
like its owner)...

I do keep saying to myself I'd love to replace it with a 17" MacBook
Pro ..=
.
they make great Windows machines. :-D

Phil