Re: Re: [OT] Mac Vs Window (was [OT] 'kin Windows!)

On 6 Jul 2009, at 21:52, Paul Bendall wrote:

> I'd go back to an Apple today but I am forced to buy over-priced
> hardware.

Is it overpriced if it just works though?

The IT problems and faffing about with drivers or compatibility issues
I've just not had since I moved over to using a Mac.

TBH I don't actually find a huge difference between Apple pricing and
that of MS for a similar spec and more so when you consider the
software bundled with the Mac which has proven more than adequate for
what I need and, I suspect, a lot of people would need.

As for virtulising the OS it can be done but can you really blame
Apple from protecting their property? OS X is designed to run on
proprietary hardware, not any old bits of PC cobbled together so they
can't guarantee that it would work correctly if the hardware doesn't
meet the spec for the software. I can kinda see their side of it.

It was a huge leap of faith to take initially however and a steep
learning curve getting used to the Apple way of doing things. But I'm
glad I did it.

I still use Windows based PC's but mainly because I'm forced to do so
because, as Phil points out, there are some things that you can't do
on a Mac due to lack of support from manufacturers mainly (the same
could be said for most OS's that aren't MS as well) but, it isn't
through choice anymore.

K.