Fw: Re: Do good energy-saving bulbs exist?

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Do good energy-saving bulbs exist?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:49:11 +0000

or this ?

http://www.dotlight.de/products/en/Illuminants/LED/Socket-MR16/38-LEDs/LED-=
Lamp-warmwhite-38-LEDs-MR16.html

Good service to the UK from these guys.

I agree that LEDs are the future rather than CFL. Look at where=20
LEDs have come in such a short space of time.=20

Even now you can get a MR16 GX5.3 LED bulb that consumes just 4.5W=20
produces 375 Lumen across a 120degree beam in warm white. It is=20
also fully dimmable, the downside is it is cutting edge technology=20
and costs =A322.50.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/mr16-gx53-dimmable-nichia-warm-white-
lumen-p-1577.html

In a years time I guess this will be around =A310 and two-years=20
around <=A35.00.

I also think that lighting will change, instead of a single high=20
wattage bulb in the centre of the room we will have many low-
wattage LEDs around the room lighting for tasks.

Just my thoughts,

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Raymond Kelly"
<raymondtkelly@...>=20
wrote:

> I can only echo what Peter has said in that the technology just=20
is not there
> yet. Its very frustrating as we all want to use efficient bulbs=20
but what is
> out there - CFLs poor light quality, slow to start poor=20
dimmibility and low
> output plus expensive. Then there's LED's - the future but again=20
poor output
> very expensive and mostly not dimmable at all.
> I have tried LED's type Cree and Luxeon, but they are very=20
expensive and not
> practical in a whole house.
> To be honest when they come out with dimmable, high output good=20
quality
> light LED's at a good price that can fit in existing MR16 or=20
GU10 fittings
> someone will make a killing.

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number=20
741598.=20