Re: Re: Humax 9150T

ianh1000 wrote:
> I want to avoid a PC based solution for a couple of reasons,
> reliability and power consumption. I have an XP Media edition PC and
> 1st generation exteneder but the PC burns 140Watts 24x7 as the
> extenders has no way of waking the PC. I guess I coud build a low
> powered device and use Myth.
>
> Please keep us posted on your investigations.
>
> Regards
> Ian

Ian,
I use MythTV, but the PC is off (in standby) most of the time. It
powers on and boots just before scheduled recording, and powers down
afterwards, setting the bios wakeup time as it does so. Downside is I
have to send a WOL from my XBMC or MVPMC front ends and wait for power
up before watching (a couple of minutes). I also schedule FSCK once week
in the wee hours to avoid delay just before recording.

Music, pictures and some of the videos are on a Synology DS207+ which is
on 24/7 and I have been wondering whether I could put the MythTV master
backend, storage and database there and control the PC with DVB-T cards
from it, but I'm not trying very hard.

Pete