Re: PS3 Media Server

  • Subject: Re: PS3 Media Server
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:03:03 -0000

Sorry about missing the earlier post.

I do think you need a fairly decent machine, wired network to get the
best out of transcoding on the fly. I noticed on my Quad Core it
opted to use 2 Cores, although one core was hit fairly hard for the
few minutes before idling back (I guess this may have been to fill
the buffer and then it was just keeping up with the stream). A new
version was published at the start of January as well.

I'm going to keep an eye on it as well as play with some additional
Codecs like CoreAVC which is very good for h264 stuff

Paul