Re: Whole House Heating Control

I had a quick look a couple of weeks ago (when it was posted on the AH
forum) but intended to have another look later and forgot, so thanks for
the
unintentional reminder!

It looks like a nice bridge between TRVs and CM-Zone.

Of most interest to me was the wireless TRV head - could this be hackable
be 'driven' by Cortex?  I have a few rad valves I'd like to automate that
are "not ideal" for running cat5 to.

One comment against though, it looks like the shape of the TRV head makes
fitting quite restrictive - looks like you have to have your existing TRV
"sticking out forwards" rather than "sticking upwards".
 If you have the
valve upwards then the wireless head will stick out into the room (and no
doubt get bashed).  As this pic on the website seems to show :
http://www.house-intelligence.co.uk/images/content/househeat/househeat_girl.jpg

Still, good to seem something better than TRVs but simpler than CMZone
become more "mass market available" just reading forums like
diynot it seems
that TRVs are still "the recommended step up" for most people
that want to
improve their heating.