RE: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

Did you get the PJCComfort plugin? How did you configure it? Yes you
should get real time status reports from Comfort into HS. It's a while
since I looked at it but from memory you won't see anything until you view
the HS device pages or setup some action to occur when maybe a PIR is
triggered etc. What were you expecting to see?

Paul.

wrote:

> > > Indeed, Gareth's experience does generally differ from my
own, but
> > I've
> > > always attributed that to the fact that Gareth generally is
> > "pushing the
> > > envelope" rather further than I do...
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Paul G.

touchscreen
> > front
> > > end
> > >
> > > Paul and myself chat often as we have almost the same
installation
> > with
> > > Comfort, CBUS, Homeseer, and Sonos.
> > >
> > > I would like to say that the PC component is as flakey as a
box of
> > > cornflakes - always has been and I've been running Homeseer
for
> > several
> > > years.
> > >
> > > The Comfort plugin is ok, but has a temper now and again -
and the
> > Sonos
> > >
> > > plugin is not stable at all. If you dont mind checking your
system
> > every
> > >
> > > now and again, you'll be fine. I too, like Paul, have CBUS
buttons
> > > activating Sonos stuff and the like - and we have to use
Homeseer
> as
> > > that's the only route between Sonos and Comfort - but it's
often
> not
> > > functioning because one of the 2 plugins has died on its
arse.

> > > I plan to reinstall (for the umpteen time) and try to keep
to a
> > stable
> > > revision of everything (ie one but last of the Comfort
plugin) but
> > both
> > > plugins really requires some extensive QA work - stability
is
> > severely
> > > lacking. Even Comfort has it's moments, but CBUS has never
ever
> gone
> > > wrong.
> > >
> > > G.
> > >

> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > I agree with pretty much all those choices, with the
exception of
> > > Smartfit... - the good thing about it is there is a
dedicated UCM
> > > integrate smartfit & comfort, but the downside is that
smartfit is
> > > pretty dumb system, and is only suitable for certain Central
> Heating
> > > designs. The newer Hometronic system is far better in most
> respects,
> > > although there isn't a dedicated UCM for it unfortunately. I
> believe
> > > Cytech were (are?) attempting to make an arrangement with
> > Honeywell with
> > > a view to developing a Hometronic UCM, but I've heard
nothing on
> > this
> > > for the last 2 years or so, so I guess that idea never got
off the
> > > ground (shame). Hometronic is, as you've noticed,
significantly
> more
> > > expensive, especially if you have lots of radiators all
needing the
> > > hometronic control valves on them, although I guess you
*could*
> > > implement it in phases to reduce the initial impact.
> > >
> > > In case you hadn't sussed, it *is* actually possible to
implement a
> > > degree of integration between Hometronic & Comfort,
using some of
> > the
> > > Hometronic modules that provide digital input/outputs that
can
> > then be
> > > connected to Comfort outputs/inputs to signal discrete
states, and
> > > enable Comfort to control Hometronic (i.e comfort could have
> > number of
> > > outputs connected to Hometronic, each signal line could then
be
> > > programmed in Hometronic to set a particular
"lifestyle" so for
> > instance
> > > Comfort would be able to turn off all heating when set to
away
> > mode...)
> > >
> > > I already have almost all the components of the system that
you've
> > > specified (Comfort, CBUS, SONOS, Homeseer) and I actually
settled
> on
> > > Hometronic for my heating as well, and even went as far as
getting
> > > quote for a system. Unforseen circumstances have repeatedly
forced
> > me to
> > > put it on hold unfortunately, so I still haven't got round
> > purchasing
> > > it, although I do still intend to when circumstances allow.
> > >
> > > If you haven't already experimented with Homeseer, its worth
> > pointing
> > > out that there is just about to be a new component launched
for it
> > which
> > > is specifically designed for easy implementation of
touchscreens.
> > > "Homeseer Touch" is in beta at the moment, and
I've been playing
> > with it
> > > for a couple of months. It is pretty simple &
straightforward, and
> > > integrates seamlessly with Homeseer. It's still a bit rough
around
> > the
> > > edges, but I believe in time it will be an extremely capable
> > system, and
> > > almost a no-brainer for anyone who already runs Homeseer.
> > >
> > > Using this combination of components I've been able to
achieve some
> > > additional integration that actually isn't possible if any
of them
> > are
> > > omitted. For instance I can have CBUS buttons control SONOS
zones
> so
> > > that my "room off" button that I have on all my
CBUS keypads can
> > also
> > > stop the SONOS zone playing in that room as well, which
makes for a
> > > nicer overall experience. This particular function uses
Homeseer to
> > > bridge several systems via their respective plugins (signals
go:
> > CBUS
> > > --> Comfort --> Homeseer --> SONOS)
> > >
> > > If you'd like any further info about my experiences, then
just
> > holler.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Paul G.

touchscreen
> > front
> > > end

moved into a
> > new
chance to
> > automate

Mini
> > Server

> > will
> > phones

> > that
temperature and also

> > that is
> > couple
information about
> the

It has
> > plugins

Release Date:

> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > ********************************************
> > > Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
> > > http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109
> > >

> > > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales
with
> > number
> > >
> > > 741598.
> > > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
Hampshire

Date: