RE: 1 wire temperature monitoring

  • Subject: RE: 1 wire temperature monitoring
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:35:36 -0000

Kevin,

The important question of parasitic power is covered by the HA7NET, this
is=
from the manual:

Regarding pin 6 (Vdd)...inside the HA7Net are three jumpers located next
to=
the RJ11 jacks. By manipulating these jumpers, pin 6 can be configured for=
any of three states:
=20
*+5 Volt DC power supplied, up to 200mA. This might be useful if you want
t=
o provide external power to sensors such as the DS18x20.
=20
*GND- Pin will be held to the common 1-Wire GND level

*Floating- The pin will be physically disconnected inside the HA7Net. This
=
might be useful if you have other devices on the bus that need to control
t=
his line.

I like the look of OPNODE, any idea of price? I will drop them an e-mail
to=
ask....

Having three legs is handy but they all need to start from the same point
i=
n space. 3xOPNODEs in different locations would be much more flexible
(cost=
may be a factor). I do use xAP with Homeseer but I'm still a bit flaky on =
how some of it works and without a development network all experimentation
=
gets done on the 'production environment' not good for WAF. Maybe a
develop=
ment environment should be on my todo list...

I have subscribed to the OPNODE yahoo group as it looks as if it could
beco=
me very interesting...

Nigel