Re: CBUS Control Bus wiring topology

Neil

Ben Addison installed mine and went for the daisy chain approach. I
also read all of the documentation and cannot see any mention of home-
running then all. I am sure it would work but would be a nightmare to
terminate. Not sure of any benefits apart from troubleshooting?

You could also do a couple of trunk runs from the node zero to
specific locations in the house and then fan out from there?

Ben

On 2 Jan 2009, at  13:43, Neil Fuller wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm just planning the install of my new CBUS kit and can't decide on
> the
> best topology for the control bus wiring.
>
> Whilst it's free topology (avoiding loops), is it better to home-run
> all
> the points (switches, PIRs etc) or to daisy chain them?
>
> Instinct tells me to home-run them as it will be much easier to fault
> find but I'm not sure about how to connect them all up at the panel.
>
> Clipsal do supply a patch panel of sorts but they seem to be aimed at
> the commercial market and as rare as hens teeth!
>
> Would bunching the cables together in a Klippon or even Chock Block
> connector work or is there a neater solution?
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
>
> Neil

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109