From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ben McCormack
Sent: Friday, 2 January 2009 2:35 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Lighting Design for Kitchen

Neil

I am no expert but I think this should help

You need to find out the Lumens output of the bulbs you are using.

http://www.alertele
<http://www.alertelectrical.com/Lamps-And-Tubes/Tungsten-Halogen-Incl-Low-Vo
ltage-And-GU10/Low-Voltage-Dichroic-Lamps-12v/50w-50mm-38-flood-LV-lamp-DIM2
58B.asp>
ctrical.com/Lamps-And-Tubes/Tungsten-Halogen-Incl-Low-Voltage-And-GU10/Low-V
oltage-Dichroic-Lamps-12v/50w-50mm-38-flood-LV-lamp-DIM258B.asp

Initial Lumens : 2000

Don't forget this is the INITIAL light level of the bulb. I assume
this will decrease over time.

If we take a 3m*3m room with 2.4m high ceilings. If I take the above
bulb and put them into Relux and ask it to light the room and give 320
lumens. I think this is measured 75cm above the ground level.

Maintenance factor: for domestic use with LV halogens, set at 0.95 if
using really good lamps; 0.90 if you're using generic ones. - I got
this advice from someone else.

The tool tells us we need to of the above lights to give the required
illumination.

General
Calculation algorithm used Average indirect fraction
Height of evaluation surface 0.75 m
Height of luminaire plane 2.40 m
Maintenance factor 0.90
Total luminous flux of all lamps 4000 lm
Total power 100 W
Total power per area (9.00 m2) 11.11 W/m2 (1.82 W/m2/100lx)
Illuminance
Average illuminance Eav 610 lx
Minimum illuminance Emin 96 lx
Maximum illuminance Emax 6780 lx

I have also attached the complete pdf output.

I am sure I have got lots of this wrong but it is a start.

Regards
Ben

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1109639/grpspId=1705041992/msgId
> com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1109639/grpspId=1705041992/msgId
> =154484/stime=1230646043/nc1=4025304/nc2=5579907/nc3=5202321>

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109