Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

  • Subject: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:31:23 -0000

Just out of interest, what is your base loading Jon ?

I know it was discussed here a while ago and the values varied from
the jaw droppingly low to the eye watering high.

Mine sits around 1KW but I'm working on it. Having a constant
reminder of how much energy is being used is certainly a behaviour
modifier - I'm getting quite used to walking around the house in the
dark as the wife's switched off each and every light :-)

Kevin

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jon Whiten <jon.whiten@...> wrote:

> That is a shame - I do remember reading that though.  I am shocked
by the
> base load of the house and need to do something about this and
consolidation
> will be one of the next projects.  Am also thinking about
ByeByeStandby,
> having read about it at the weekend - again, consolidation required
here to
> keep the initial cost down.
>

> On 16/02/2009, Andy Powell <ukha@...> wrote:
> >

> > On 16 Feb 2009, at 15:27, Jon Whiten wrote:
> >
> > > But... Keeping a PC on 24/7 is kind of against the
philosophy
behind