Re: Nanovision 7" USB displays

  • Subject: Re: Nanovision 7" USB displays
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:21:33 -0000

Huh... I should follow posts more often! :-0

In case you & others don't have it yet, here is a link I found for=20
newer vista drivers:

http://thegadgeteers.com/product_mimo.html

Apologies if this info is already redundant.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> Lol, you're a little bit late there ;)
>=20
> There were a few threads recently about these (The MIMO UM-740),=20
which a couple of us here have just received on Monday :)
>=20
> Pretty nice LCD display, 800x480 with touchscreen and web cam.=20
There are a number of issues though - I've had it blue screen Vista a=20
number of times and the touch screen is of the cheaper variety that=20
needs a fingernail press (or stylus) rather than finger tip - not as=20
good for touch screen GUI use as the more sensitive touch screen=20
interfaces are.
>=20
> Hopefully a driver update will eventually fix the problems I'm=20
seeing (just about to install a slightly later one I've just found).
>=20
> Kevin's post gave his quick view of these too.
>=20
> I'd say they're very good for the price but need a few bugs and=20
quirks ironing out yet.
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
>=20
Behalf
> > Of keyvan2r
> > Sent: 10 February 2009 18:53
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [ukha_d] Nanovision 7" USB displays
> >
> > I just came across this little 7" display / touch-screen in
a=20
email-
> > shot from scan computers. There is a review here:
> >
> > http://technabob.com/blog/2008/12/01/nanovision-mimo-7-inch-mini-
> > monitor-hands-on-review/
> >
> > the manufacturer website is:
> >
> > http://www.nanovision.co.kr/
> >
> > They are USB powered, with webcam built-in. There are several HA
> > application advantages here, not the least being that more
than=20
one
> > unit can be attatched to a pc. Also, I imagine with some form
of=20
USB
> > line-driver they can be located a fair distance away from the
pc.=20
The
> > webcam may be useful for in-building video chat with obvious
> > applications for entry systems etc., if it can communicate with
IP