RE: [OT] Change of Mother board now PC won't boot into XP

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Change of Mother board now PC won't boot into XP
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:59:12 -0000

Hi Thanks for the additional ideas.

I have reset the BIOS and then reconfigured in the setup and this
appears to be taken OK, show success during next boot cycle but still
won't go beyond black screen immediately after DMI Pool Data message.

I have also tried disconnecting SATA HD, disabling SATA in BIOS and
booting from DVD using a good VISTA install DVD but I get the message
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK etc.

FYI there are no PCI cards installed either, just the MoBo, FDD
(currently disconnected), DVD/CD (Connected), and SATA HD (Currently
disconnected), and 1 stick of RAM (1GB DDR2) which shows up OK during
initial booting...

Nigel