RE: Outside/Inside Temperature Sensor location

  • Subject: RE: Outside/Inside Temperature Sensor location
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:03:34 -0000

Neil,

I have a number of 1-Wire temp sensors around my house used to measure
room temperatures for control of the heating.

I have the sensors on the ground floor and 1st floor located in the
light switches, with sensors in the basement (2.8M high ceilings) 400mm
from the ceiling, hanging from tray work...

I also have a couple located in the Loft. They are both located next to
each other on a breadboard yet they show different temperatures. As you
say they work +-0.5 degrees. What I have found is they track each other
with the delta remaining the same.

I use Homeseer/Temp05 to collect the data with the mcsTemperature
plugin. I have also started to use the Ultra1wire plugin with my
recently purchased HA7NET 1wire hub which I would highly recommend. I
could if I wanted add a fixed offset in the mcsTemperature plugin so the
two devices read exactly the same but would it be the right temperature?

I find the sensors very good for control of the UFH but as mentioned
different heating systems may react differently.

I have uploaded an image to the files area of UKHA_D in the file
Corbenic which shows the two loft sensors measuring temperatures in the
last 72 hours.

HTH

Nigel