From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Rob Mouser
Sent: 01 February 2009 21:26
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] RS232

I'm back again with another question :-)

I now have my AV Amp and DVD playing working a treat via RS232.
So feeling brave on my afternoon off I thought I would tackle my 4x4
HDMI matrix.
With my newly purchased USB to Serial converter (I'll probably find the
old one any day now!) and putty (thanks Paul) I can connect to my matrix
and send commands perfectly. The instructions are somewhat limited but
simply say; select the input/output you want and press enter.
So with a terminal window open I can type "A1" and press
"Enter" and
wehey it selects input A and output 1.
So.............now to my pronto serial extender. As I said before you
can add a string using ASCII or HEX but I'll be buggered if I can get it
to work. I've tried:

A1
A1^M
A1;^M

But none of those work. No doubt I just have zero understanding!

Thanks in advance.

Rob