Re: What did Santa Bring?

I got a dinky little Logitech DiNovo Mini keyboard. Perfect for
controlling the HTPC when something goes a bit awry (which is quite
often at the moment!). It connects via Bluetooth, and despite a lot of
internet forum moaning, I've not had any connectivity problems.

My only issues are that they have put some useful things on keys combos
that require the "function" key to be pressed as well (e.g. there
is no
backlash key - you have to press fn + z).

All the keys are backlit in orange so you can see them when watching a
movies - apart from the text of items that require the function key,
which can be a little frustrating in the dark!

They have also arranged the keys in a regular grid, rather than each row
being slightly staggered as on a normal keyboard.

However, those minor issues aside, it's been working just fine. It
connected without any trouble to the included PC Bluetooth dongle (there
is a button on the dongle and keyboard - press them both and the devices
pair automatically). The mousepad works ok (some people on the forums
seem to have trouble, but I suspect they are using their thumb rather
than a finger; the thumb being in a natural position for this when
holding the device).

It's expensive at around £90, but it's saved me from having an ugly
keyboard and mouse and their wires stuffed under the TV - that's an
automatic WAF boost right there.

Mal