Re: Wireless Remote for XBMC?

  • Subject: Re: Wireless Remote for XBMC?
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:00:46 -0000

> How do you get XBMC to switch refresh rates when playing 24/50/60
Hz

It's automatically switching to 1080p/24 (from 1080p/50) when i play hi def
movie file (m2ts), so that part seems ok

My problem now is the processor in the PC i'm using isn't upto playing blu
ray in 1080p, it stutters a fair bit (and to rub salt into the wounds the
same file plays fine on the pch of course)

Actually that was the problem, but last thing last night the PC started to
hang at the bios boot stage. Now got to either sort it out so I can try the
version of xbmc that has dsplayer (to use the gpu to offload the video
processing) else get a new mobo/processor/memory

Does anyone know if a core 2 duo 3ghz would be fast enough for xbmc +m2ts
please? or should I bite the bullet and go for a core 2 quad please?

Thanks
Tony