Re: Re: Room temperature measuring system

Agree with Paul, and it is not possible to over-emphasise this point.
did two to each room (shotgun configuration) - wish I had done four.
It's cheap enough, even to use for 1-wire solutions, to 'just do it'.
So just do it.

If you don't you will end-up with an rf solution.  The rfxcom solution
is good, but also expensive.  Zigbee/Z-Wave solutions may help you out
in the longer term, but not just yet.

Some years back I picked up a cheap Oregon Scientific weather station
from the 'states, and it was always my plan to combine this with an
rfxcom (I have Visonic stuff too), but for now it just does its thing
via the serial port, and I use the Current Cost device to measure server
room temp as well.  You can see this here:

http://www.archewyve.net/

(they are parts of my main website under construction - for about four
years!)

Don't post here very often, but it doesn't mean I don't love ya.

Simon H

Paul Gale wrote:
>> I have disregarded the wired solution (even though the house is
being
>> constructed) as I have very little knowledge about 1-wire (or bus)
>> systems... I have seen 1-wire-over-CAT-5 systems, but it would be
>> waste of a good connection for me (most of the rooms will have one
CAT5
>> connection only).
>>

> On a side note - I'll guarantee that you'll wish you put more Cat5 in
in the future to each room - even if it's left coiled in an accessible
wall, you'll be grateful you did!

signature database 4690 (20091215) __________