Fw: OT : XBMC - Cheapest "Mini PC" to use ?

  • Subject: Fw: OT : XBMC - Cheapest "Mini PC" to use ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:04:41 +0000

Appears those deals have gone :-(

What we need is an R3610 with no hard disk at all - XBMCLive would run off=
=20
a basic USB stick

>From my Microwarehouse invoice...

ACER REVO 3600 ATOM 330 DUAL CORE 1GB 160GB LINUX

Sub-total: =A3134.25
Shipping: =A39.99
Total: =A3144.24
Total inc. VAT: =A3165.87

Unfortunately they don't list the linux dual core version any more though.

When I looked there was lots of confusion amongst suppliers about dual vs
single core versions and I had to do the search via manufacturers product
code to make sure I got the right one - 92.NVDYZ.UI0 - not many places=20
seem
to have it in stock right now.

Cheers

Andy

2009/12/14 Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>

> Showing as about =A3270 on their site. You sure about your price ?
>

> Jamie Bennett wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 10:55 +0000, Gareth Cook wrote:
> >>
> >> No digital audio out tho ?
> >
> > No, I think you'll be hard pushed to buy a net-top with
digital=20
outputs
> > at any reasonable price.
>
> I got the 3610 Revo from Ballicom a couple of weeks ago for about
=A3160.
> Same as the 3600, but this one is dual core and has HDMI (not sound)
and
> optical out.

> Unless stated otherwise above:
number
> 741598.
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6=20
3AU