[OT] - DTT Signal Strengths

  • Subject: [OT] - DTT Signal Strengths
  • From: Steve Palmer <tankman37@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:16:44 +0000

Been tearing my hair out on this one, so I thought I'd ask some chaps
who might know!

We've got demon spawn a TV for christmas, so I've run in some cable to
drop through another aerial port. My (original) "Pro-Ception"
loft box
(with 12v power) has 2 outs. I've replaced this with a Labgear jobby
with 8 outs (12v again), but with the new box, BBC channels are
virtually unwatchable. Everything that uses the 778MHz band is rubbish.
I have also tried 2 SLX boxes too with the same results.

Some figures from my freeview box:
Old Box: Strength 80%, Quality 100%
New Box: Strength 100%, Quality 15%

I've redone all the F-connectors several times now, decent cable to the
main TV, but whatever I've changed, makes NO difference to the quality
of the reception, ie. awful. Can someone please offer some advice as to
where I might be going wrong?

Thanks!
Steve