Re: If building a house would you use X-10?

  • Subject: Re: If building a house would you use X-10?
  • From: "msgindia" <marksgraves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:14:55 -0000

Thanks Paul.  Yes, one of the things that got me thinking about this
is that a house that I currently own (but I'm renting) has a fan/light
combination with a remote control.  This light has suddenly come on in the
middle of the night a few times.  I'm concerned about interference from
nearby houses.

Several folks have mentioned CBus.  I guess I'll have to start researching
it.  I've heard of if, but don't know anything about it.  I've got plenty
of time as I'm not planing on building this house for about another 6 to 8
years.

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> I certainly wouldn't use X10 again for the whole house - did that for
several years but ended up replacing it with CBus which is far more
reliable and flexible. IME, I had a fair few issues with un-commanded
lights coming on around the house when using X10 - very ghostly! Of course,
it all depends on how much you want to spend though - X10 is certainly a
lot cheaper.